REDDS is looking for a new Junior Content Editor for our online publication The Cut (beinthecut.com).
The original Red Cup dealers in Australia, the REDDS brand has grown to become synonymous with the Australian festival and party scene. Our stand-alone digital publication is now a year and a half old, with a loyal following who come to us for anything from exclusive party invites, the latest sneaker drops, artist interviews, nuanced long form or breaking news.
- Writing and editing timely content for The Cut
- Working with the Marketing Team to develop segments and support brand partnerships through sponsored content
- Reporting on – and representing REDDS at – events, festivals and parties
- Directing and overseeing the production of The Cut’s video content
- Assisting in marketing support for The Cut and REDDS
- Community management of REDDS social media.
The successful candidate:
- Stays up to date with the latest in streetwear and hip hop culture
- Is across pop culture and world news – knowing how to connect the dots across online sources such as reddit, Instagram and niche Facebook groups
- Is highly creative and comfortable working autonomously – but still able to take direction, working closely with the Brand Manager
- Has experience working to deadlines
- Has excellent writing skills, producing error-free content in a timely manner
- Can write in a conversational tone that appeals to a youth audience
- Has experience with social media marketing and audience targeting
- Has an understanding of SEO in content
- Is comfortable representing REDDS at festivals and events, and even maybe occasionally jumping in front of the camera to present
- Has an eye for design – with basic photoshop skills and adobe suite skills highly regarded
The role is part-time and based out of our studio in Rosebery. You’ll be working with a young team of creatives across a range of digital medias.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter, CV and writing samples / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.